Dear Customers, Partners and Friends,
Happy New Year! This past year at Solano Labs has been an exciting time for our team and customers. We released Solano Private CI into general availability, dialed up our support for more languages and revision control systems, welcomed new team members and even announced new partnerships to help broaden our ecosystem. The Solano team has more in store for 2015 and we want to share with you our thoughts on the year to come!
The Year in Review
Just in case you missed any of these announcements we thought we would summarize some of the year’s highlights!
- Solano Private CI – Our virtual appliance offering became generally available in 2014. Since then we continue to add customers to this product family. Our friends at Airbnb blogged about their experience with it here. To learn more about our appliance and if it is right for your team, start your free trial here!
- Full Java Support: In 2014 Solano CI optimized its parallelism for Java. Java test suites are running 10- 50X faster!
- Mercurial and Perforce Support: In addition to Git, Mercurial and Perforce users can now also use Solano CI!
- AWS CodeDeploy Integration: Solano CI partnered with AWS on its new service: CodeDeploy. With this new integration you can seamlessly deploy your application to your CodeDeploy-managed servers on a passing CI build.
- Additional Languages: Solano CI now also supports PHP, Scala, Clojure and R.
- Debug Console: Although not new this year, Solano CI has made some major improvements to the console to help you better solve your test failures.
New Solano Team Members in 2014
Solano Labs welcomed two new team members last year. We are very excited to begin 2015 with a larger team! We are growing fast! If you are interested in joining us, please check out our job listings here.
- Nick Travaglini – Nick joined Solano Labs over the summer as our first Customer Success Associate. He is helping build the community of support for our customers! A Cal alum, Nick’s always got an eye on current events in the Bay and around the world. He’s also an avid reader and caffeine addict.
- Brian Kendzior – Brian joined the Solano’s engineering team this fall. He will be helping to develop and enhance product features. He will also be responsible for building some new additions to our product! When not enjoying the tech and music scene of the Bay Area, you can safely bet he’s somewhere outdoors backpacking, canoeing, or skiing.
Looking to 2015
The roadmap for 2015 is full of major announcements and product additions. We can’t share them all yet, but here is a preview of what is to come!
- Containerization and Docker support
- Windows and MacOS support
- Stronger tools to combat non-deterministic tests
- Others we can’t mention yet!
We Want to Hear from You!
We are always seeking feedback and welcome any and all comments! Send us a note to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
From our family to yours, we wish you a Happy New Year! We look forward to 2015 together.
– The Solano Labs Team